We are an organisation in West Allotment that gets involved in our neighborhood. Volunteers from all walks of life have come together to jointly improve our neighborhood.
The main goal of west allotment community centre is to create a sense of community in the neighborhoods where people live and work. We hope that an increased sense of community will lead to more personal involvement and more cultural, educational and social activities, which will create a better community and a better place for us to live.
The building was originally used as a workmen's institute in 1901 & was later used as the coal board pay office. The building is still owned by Coal Industry Social Welfare Organisation.
It was registered as a charity on the 21st June 1963 when the West Allotment Boys Club was formed.
The photo below shows West Allotment when the Algeron Colliery was open the community centre is in the top centre of the photo.
West Allotment Community Centre is ran entirely by volunteers.
Registered Charity Number 522136
We are a non-profit organisation and welcome any kind of support. If you would like to support us, please check out the support us page for more information.
West Allotment Community Centre
Tel: 0191 2240120
Or use our contact form.